Like most kennel names, there is a story behind Ahzu. After much thought about our kennel prefix, and countless ideas that just weren't right, Justin suddenly suggested Ahzu, because our house is pretty much A-ZOO. I thought about the steady flow of rescue dogs we fostered, our own dogs growing in number, the cats and the various small animals we have had over the years and realised it was perfect. Luckily for us, the prefix was approved and Ahzu was born.
Before we even thought about a prefix or breeding, our first Samoyed, Annoushka, came to us as an 8 week old ball of glorious white fluff. She was a long planned and awaited first dog for us as a couple. We had no intention to show, let alone breed dogs, I wanted to try obedience and dog sports, but Annoushka's breeder asked us if we'd be interested in giving showing a go, then we got hooked and the rest is history. Just over 4 years later in 2015, our first litter arrived on Christmas Eve.
• Registered Breeders and members with Dogs NSW
• Active Members of the NSW Samoyed Club Inc.
• Rescue Co-ordinator for the NSW Samoyed Club Rescue
• Various Committee Position Holders with the NSW Samoyed Club Inc.
Dog Sports & Activities
Our dogs participate in;
• Conformation Showing
• Obedience Training
• Weight Pull
• Community Events
• Media Appearances
Training & Enrichment
• We believe in Positive Reinforcement Training
• Puppies are exposed to Early Neurological Stimulation & Sound Proof Puppy Training
• Puppies are crate and lead trained
• We regularly use Enrichment Toys such as Kongs and Puzzles.
• Hip & Elbows Scoring on all breeding dogs
• ACES Eye Exam and Gonioscopy on all breeding dogs
• ACES Eye Exam Litter Screenings performed on all puppies
• Bile Acid Testing on all puppies